Approved 2018 Playing Rules & Bylaws from NFL Annual Meeting - Morning Session (March 27, 2018)
The below playing rules and bylaw proposals were adopted by NFL clubs this morning (Click HERE for entire release via NFL Communications):
Approved 2018 Playing Rules Summary
1. By Competition Committee; Makes permanent the playing rule that changes the spot of the next snap after a touchback resulting from a free kick to the 25-yard line.
2. By Competition Committee; Changes standard for a catch.
7. By Competition Committee; Authorizes the designated member of the Officiating department to instruct on-field game officials to disqualify a player for a flagrant non-football act when a foul for that act is called on the field.
11. By Competition Committee; Lowering the head to initiate contact with the helmet is a foul.
Approved 2018 Bylaws Summary
1. By Competition Committee; Makes permanent the liberalization of rules for timing, testing, and administering physical examinations to draft-eligible players at a club’s facility.
2. By Buffalo; For one year only, amends Article XVII, Section 17.4 to liberalize the rule for reacquisition of a player assigned via waivers.
4a. By Denver; Amends Article XVII, Section 17.16 to permit clubs to trade players from Reserve/Injured.
6. By Minnesota; Amends Article XVIII, Section 18.1 to replace the 10-day postseason claiming period with a 24-hour period.