FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots held their first minicamp practice on Tuesday, which allowed us to see all of the players on the roster that are healthy and able to practice.
Let's go over some notes following Day 1's practice:
- The first player on the field today was WR/PR Gunner Olszewski, who made his way onto the practice field approximately 10 minutes before anyone else besides RB coach Ivan Fears, according to NESN's Zack Cox.
- Former Patriots Deion Branch and Troy Brown were assisting the coaching staff. Brown was doing the same during OTAs along with Kevin Faulk, who was not present on Day 1 of minicamp, according to NESN's Doug Kyed.
- Tom Brady was in attendance for the first day of minicamp. This marks the 20th minicamp for Brady, who will be turning 42 in early August. This also marks the first offseason program he has attended for New England this offseason.
- Joe Thuney, who has played his entire career at left guard for the Patriots, was spotted playing left tackle during team drills, per ESPN's Mike Reiss. Isaiah Wynn was spotted at practice but didn't take any reps, which may be why Thuney was playing LT.
- Those not in attendance were Sony Michel, Patrick Chung, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Nate Ebner, Demaryius Thomas, and Deatrich Wise, according to Kevin Duffy of The Boston Herald.
- Play of the day was courtesy of WR Braxton Berrios, who had a diving catch down the right sideline vs. CB Joejuan Williams. Berrios spiked the ball after making the spectacular catch.