Chiefs LB Reggie Ragland hits field for first practice of training camp

Jan 6, 2018; Kansas City, MO, USA; Kansas City Chiefs inside linebacker Reggie Ragland (59) enters the field during player introductions before the game against the Tennessee Titans in the AFC Wild Card playoff football game at Arrowhead stadium. © Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports

Ragland returns after starting camp on nonfootball injury list with swollen knee

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- The Chiefs athletic training tent population decreased significantly on Sunday with linebacker Reggie Ragland practicing on a limited basis and offensive linemen Eric Fisher and Cameron Erving returning to their starting roles.

“Reggie was out there, did some stuff,” head coach Andy Reid said following practice. “He looked pretty good doing it.”

Ragland, Fisher and Erving were among six players who returned to practice in some fashion for Sunday's workout. Safety Leon McQuay, who left practice Saturday with a hamstring issue, resumed a full workload Sunday. Also rejoining practice were wide receiver Marcus Kemp (ankle) and defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi (elbow). Nnadi remains a limited participant like Ragland, and both returned to the training tent for rehab work during practice.

Fisher (shoulder) and Erving (knee) returned to their roles at left tackle and left guard respectively along the No. 1 offensive line.

Ukeme Eligwe and Terrance Smith continued filling at inside linebacker with Ragland a limited participant and Anthony Hitchens remaining out with a hamstring issue. Also on the sidelines were linebacker Tanoh Kpassagnon (heel) and cornerback Keith Reaser (quad). Running back Charcandrick West remains away from practice with a concussion.

Despite the handful of players returning, two names joined the list. Rookie linebacker Dorian O'Daniel missed practice with a thumb injury. Rookie offensive lineman Tejan Koroma left practice with a right knee injury.

Koroma suffered his knee injury during one-one-one drills between offensive and defensive linemen. Both groups of players surrounding Koroma and took a knee while athletic trainers tended to him. Teammates assisted him to a cart which took him to the medical tent and eventually the training facility for further evaluation.