With The Win…
- The 49ers improved to 16-25 all-time against the Seattle Seahawks.
- San Francisco has now split the season series against the Seahawks for the first time since 2013.
- Today marked the first overtime win San Francisco since 1/3/16 [W, 19-16 (OT) vs. StL].
Good As Gould
- K Robbie Gould connected on all 4 FGAs and 2 PATs, including the game-winning 36-yd. FG in OT. This marked Gould’s 6th-career game-winning FG in OT and his first since 11/17/13 as a member of the Chicago Bears vs. Bal.
- With 14 points on the day, Gould has become the 23rd kicker in NFL history to register at least 1,500 points in their career (1,513).
- Gould has now scored 111 points this season, marking the first time he scored 100-or-more in consecutive seasons (145 points in 2017) since he accomplished the feat in 6 straight seasons from 2006-11). He is also the first member of the 49ers to score 100-or-more points in consecutive seasons since 2013-14 [K Phil Dawson – 140 points (2013) and 108 points (2014)].
- Gould has now connected on 19 consecutive FGAs, which tied for the 3rd-longest streak in franchise history.
- WR Richie James Jr. registered a 97-yd. kickoff return for a TD. It marked the first time a member of the 49ers registered a kickoff return for a TD since WR Ted Ginn Jr. registered a 102-yd. kickoff return for a TD vs. Sea. (9/11/11).
- James Jr. became the first 49ers rookie to register a kickoff return for a TD since 1981 [RB Amos Lawrence – 92-yd. KR TD at LAR (11/22/81)].
- James Jr.’s kickoff return for a TD was just the 4th in the NFL this season (Jakeem Grant, Mia.; Darius Jennings, Ten. & Cordarrelle Patterson, NE).
- The 49ers offense engineered a 10-play, 98-yd. drive that was capped off by a 41-yd. TD pass from QB Nick Mullens to TE Garrett Celek, marking team’s longest drive since 2002 when the 49ers capped off a 12-play, 99-yd. drive with a 6-yd. TD run by RB Kevan Barlow at Sea. (10/14/02).
It’s Time… It’s Time… It’s Celek Time
- TE Garrett Celek hauled in a 41-yd. TD recept., his 2nd TD of the season and 12th of his career, to punctuate a 98-yd. TD drive. He finished the game with 2 recepts. for 61 yds. and 1 TD.
Jolly Ol’ Saint Nick
- QB Nick Mullens completed 20 of 29 atts. for 275 yds., 1 TD and a QB rating of 110.6.
- This season, Mullens threw for 689 yds. against the Seahawks [414 yds. at Sea. (12/2/18)], the most passing yds. allowed by any QB in a single-season since their franchise inception in 1976.
All Gas, No Brake
- In a tie game, late in the 4th qtr. and OT, the 49ers defense forced the Seahawks offense to punt on each of their final 3 possessions of the game, including setting up the 49ers offense for the game-winning FG in OT.
- DL DeForest Buckner registered a career-high 11 tackles and 2.0 sacks on the day. He extended his single-season career high to 11.0 sacks, becoming the first member of the 49ers to register double-digit sacks since LB Aldon Smith finished with 19.5 sacks in 2012.
- Buckner finished the season with 4.0 sacks in two matchups with the Seahawks this season, as he registered 2.0 sacks in each matchup with Seattle.
- Buckner has now registered 2.0-or-more sacks in three games this season, the most in a single season by a member of the 49ers since LB Aldon Smith registered three games with 2.0-plus sacks in 2013.
- LB Mark Nzeocha recorded his 1st sack and FF of his career after bringing down Seahawks QB Russell Wilson for an 8-yd. loss.